As a caregiver, you may have noticed a change in your loved one’s condition, or perhaps treatments don’t seem to have the effect they once did. When you evaluate your options, you may wonder about hospice.
Hospice care is appropriate for patients when they, their caregivers or their physicians start to question whether curative treatments and hospitalizations are causing more problems and discomfort than improving their sense of well being. Patients usually enroll when their physicians determine that they may have a life expectancy of less than six months if their disease runs its normal course.
One common misconception is that hospice is a place. In fact, hospice is a program that’s delivered in a patient’s home or apartment, or in a skilled nursing facility. The goal of hospice is to enhance quality of life. When patients enroll in a hospice program, they can expect treatments designed to relieve pain and manage the symptoms of disease, to be treated with dignity and respect, and to receive the emotional and spiritual support to cope with the changes ahead. Hospice also addresses the family’s needs, providing care and support during a difficult time.
When the time comes for your loved one to enter into hospice, Partners in Care can help by matching a specially trained home health aide to your and your loved one’s needs.
Partners in Care can provide:
- An escort home upon discharge
- Personal services such as shopping, food preparation, light housework and companionship
- Additional skilled nursing care as needed, including wound care and medication pre-pours
- A PRI/Screen as a prerequisite for nursing home admittance
- Live-in services for patients choosing around-the-clock care
- A two-hour bathing, dressing and grooming service
- Supplemental care so you, the caregiver, can take a well-deserved break
Other benefits include:
- Home care professionals specially trained in the care of hospice patients
- Dedicated staff ready to discuss personalized options and offer guidance
- No contracts or long-term commitments—we’re available as many hours a day as many days a week, as you need
Our services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so we can give you and your loved one quality care where and when you need it.
Do you have questions about arranging hospice care for your loved one? Partners in Care can help. Give us a call at 1-888-735-8913 and get started today.